The Lisa Lemon approach to responsible sourcing and sustainability is to have minimum impact now to look after tomorrow.
I’ve been recycling as many materials as possible for as long as I can remember. Putting waste into bins which goes into landfill just seems to be so wrong. So many precious raw materials go into making the products we use throughout our daily lives that it seems so disrespectful to discard them thoughtlessly.
When we think about our brand ethos, sustainability has always been at the heart of everything we do. So many times, we’ve been asked – why don’t you produce your bags abroad? We know that this would be by far the more cost-effective way to make our bags but that’s not what we’re about. We didn’t want to be just another brand filling our planet with waste and exploiting people in distant countries we are never going to meet.
The reason we set up the brand in the first place was that we couldn’t find a stylish belt bag anywhere. We have a real belief that our products are different from so many on the market, we believe in making versatile products which are made to last.
- Leather sourced with the environment in mind.
- Environmental protection and the desire to produce leather with natural characteristics and appearance have steered us towards sourcing vegetable tanned leather.
- The family owned tannery in Italy that we source all leather from has a mission to producing leather with ‘total respect for the environment.’
- They are also the founding member of the Consortium for Real Italian Vegetable-Tanned Leather.
- Situated in Melton Mowbray, the UK based, local factory brings together the combined skills and knowledge of decades in the leather goods industry using traditional hand craft techniques combined with contemporary equipment to produce the finest products.
- Genuinely 100% Made in England.
- Lisa Lemon have a close relationship and visit the factory regularly to ensure quality of manufacturing process.
CELEBRATE THE LONGEVITY OF LEATHER
- All Lisa Lemon bags are designed with simple lines and classic design in mind. We believe in investing in beautiful materials now that get even better with time so that products last longer, reducing impact further.
THREE BAGS IN ONE
- Not only are our bags built to last, but they are also versatile, changing easily from useful belt bag, to stylish cross body and cute clutch – 1 bag, 3 ways – beautifully useful, stylishly practical.
Style and substance. Beautifully useful. Stylishly practical.